Objectified Response

For this project, I decided to recreate an Ikea room from the documentary. I love interior design and wanted to push myself. Originally, I chose the cot as I loved the angles and the depth however I got cut from my shifts at work due to the weather and decided to go full out. I also decided to screenshot the process of each part.

Here's the screenshot I was following



Cot




I really enjoyed recreating this cot. I searched the general sizes of each item so I could create a 1mm:1cm ratio then adjusted them to look more pleasing.

Bookcase with cupboard (multiple)




The Ikea display showed one missing a handle. The top wasn't visible for the bookcase or the dresser, however, they both did have the same indentation as the cot so I believe the top would also resemble the cutout on the headboards.  This was my favourite piece from this collection.

Changing Table



Dresser





I also really love this. The wardrobe itself is hollow and though you can't tell it's a feature I love knowing being there. I want my pieces to feel alive, and little details like this add to that for me.

Storage Box Seat?




Arm Chair





Ottoman



Lampshade



A few other things to create atmosphere (all taken from the screenshot)






And Finally Together







This isn't finished, I simply ran out of time. I did have a few issues with power with the weather but I did as much as I did. Overall I think what I have created is amazing. Tying everything together with the top cutouts was the best choice in my opinion; it creates a lovely aesthetic. I also rounded a few corners at the head height of a child just to add extra detail. I would love to fix the chair when I go back to finish this.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

final concept